Auto Select Answer to "How do we keep the Family Car Around!
Auto owners ask this question at Auto Select a lot more these days. The median age for vehicles on Wisconsin highways is now over 11 years. Regardless of your reason for keeping your family car around, the good news for car owners is that it’s capable of going 150,000 to 200,000 miles or more with proper care and professional automotive service at Auto Select.
Here are some tips from Auto Select on how to make your car last:
- First, Appleton, Neenah, Green Bay, Stevens Point Point, Weston, and Schofield drivers should follow all of their regularly scheduled maintenance routines. Things like oil changes, transmission and cooling system service are important for avoiding costly damage. This reduces your overall cost for keeping your family car for a long time.
- Next, regular inspections are critical for auto owners. Look, those parts are starting to get old and will become worn out over the miles. Thorough inspections of various systems will uncover things that are nearing the end of their service life, like suspension, brake and steering components. Replacing worn parts early not only prevents pricey breakdowns, but relieves stress on related pricey components so they will last longer as well.
- Another thing for motorists to consider is the use of special high mileage fluid formulations. For example, high mileage engine oil has special additives that condition those old seals and gaskets. It also has extra detergents to help keep that older family car engine clean inside. High mileage oil, transmission fluid, etc. cost a little more but can really head off some of the problems that are typical of older vehicles around WI.
- One last thing for auto owners would be to consult with your considerate Auto Select service advisor about the overall condition of your vehicle and your driving routines. It may be advisable to follow your car maker’s severe service schedule.
- Even with the occasional unexpected repair associated with an older family car, you can still enjoy good, reliable transportation if you take good care of your ride.
Give us a call!