Since the downturn in the economy, many of us are more careful about how we spend our money, and we're more drawn to specials, deals and coupons than ever before.
And while it’s smart money to save money, I'd like to offer a few words of caution against choosing the auto repair shop that consistently shouts, "We can do it cheaper."
I'm not referring to shops like Auto Select that offer special monthly promotions to help you save money on routine maintenance and repairs. I'm talking about the shops that continuously advertise that have only low pricing to offer. Their "we're cheaper" campaigns are designed to bring customers in the door in large quantities, but they cannot offer rock-bottom pricing without cutting costs somewhere.
Very simply, you'll often find that the “cheapest” auto repair gets you:
- Cheap, low quality parts
- Technicians who are newer or lesser skilled
- A minimal warranty - or no warranty at all
- Poor customer service
Think about this: How much are you saving if a technician who's new on the job recommends brake rotors and calipers that you don't actually need? And how much are you saving if you buy tires at $39 each that wear out in 20,000 miles?
At Auto Select, we don’t believe in being the “cheapest.” Instead, we focus on value. That’s why we:
- Employ ASE-Certified Technicians who can service your car quickly and correctly. (Learn more about our teams in Appleton, Green Bay, Stevens Point and Weston (Wausau).)
- Back all our repairs with a 2-year/24,000-mile nationwide warranty.
- Offer you 3% in rewards on all service and repairs done at Auto Select.
- Give you a free oil change after you buy 5 at the regular price.
- Offer free installation when you buy a set of tires. This includes mounting, balancing, valve stems, disposal of old tires and free tire rotations.
And because time is money, we also offer you free shuttle service and free loaner cars. We’ll even pick up and drop off your vehicle for you, whether you’re in Wausau and need a ride to Weston or in Appleton and need a ride to Green Bay.
All of this is designed to save you time and money and to give you peace of mind. We want you to be confident that your car, truck or SUV will get you safely and reliably to school, home, the office and anywhere else you and your family need to go. And isn’t the peace of mind that comes with that far more valuable than saving a few dollars on a repair that comes with no warranty, no shuttle service and not even a friendly face at the front counter?
President & Founder
P.S. If you have any questions for me about our value-based approach to auto repair, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I’m happy to go into more details with you.